The Society for Investigative Dermatology’s (SID) Resident Retreat Program is designed to facilitate new pathways for interested dermatology residents to pursue a career in dermatologic research, providing them with the tools to create a successful and sustainable career.
The Resident and PhD Retreats are to be held in conjunction with the 2020 SID Annual Meeting, in Scottsdale, AZ on May 13th.
- Must have a MD or MD/PhD degree
- Should be enrolled in a US based Dermatology Residency program, though candidates from other
countries will be considered
- Must be nominated by their Department Chairs and/or Program Directors to be considered
- Must be a first or second-year Dermatology Resident, or a Post-Doctoral Fellow
- Should be on track for research or academic careers
CANDIDATE SELECTION PROCESS
- The Resident Retreat Selection Committee will review submitted materials
- The SID will support approximately 30 attendees for each Retreat
- Selected candidates will be notified in February 2020
- Departments must agree to pay for candidates travel/flights to/from the Retreat
- The SID encourages departments to register retreat attendees from their respective department to attend the SID Annual Meeting
DEPARTMENTS NOMINATING MULTIPLE CANDIDATES
One of the Retreat goals is to achieve institutional diversity and introduce Residents to those from other programs. Dependent on the total number of applications received, we favor limiting attendance to only one (1) candidate per institution, per Retreat; although the nomination of multiple candidates will be considered.
- Institutions who have candidates for both Resident and PhD Retreats, will be considered separately
- If more than one (1) Resident from the same institution is selected to attend, the respective department is required to pay all expenses associated with their attendance; including travel, lodging and meals
- Departments who have more than one (1) candidate accepted, will be invoiced post-SID Annual Meeting for the additional candidates attendance
OTHER RESIDENT RETREAT INFORMATION
- The SID will arrange for one (1) night of accommodations at the headquarter hotel for Tuesday, May 12th for the selected candidate
- The SID will cover meals associated with the retreat program
- Acceptance to the SID Retreat does not include registration to the SID Annual Meeting
SUBMITTING APPLICATION MATERIALS ONLINE
Ensure the applicant has the following documentation in advance of completing the online application
- Nomination Letter
- Departments Chair or Program Director describing candidate’s potential to be a physician-scientist or academician
- Abstract or Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Abstract to the SID Annual Meeting – OR –
- Letter of Interest (LOI) detailing their research interest and goals
- Candidate’s Biosketch – Limited to 2 pages
Submissions/Applications will open in the Fall of 2019. Check this page frequently for updates.
- Contact Deb Kovacs in the SID Office at 216.579.9300 x304