The Late-Breaking Abstract Submission period is now closed. Thank you to the over 175 people who submitted their work doing this period!
The Abstract Submission period is now closed. There will be a Late-Breaking Submission period from March 1-31, 2022. Check this page for further details in closer to March 1.
The Abstract Submission site opened on November 1, 2021. The deadline for submission has been extended to January 19, 2022 at 11:59 pm ET.
Abstract Submission Information:
- All abstracts must be submitted online through the abstract submission system by the posted deadline to be considered for acceptance. No fax copies, disk or e-mail submissions will be accepted.
- You can enter your abstract, save it, and return for edits or updates any time prior to the deadline. The Complete Payment button must be clicked before the deadline. Changes to abstract titles or abstract text, as well as additions or deletions of author names, will not be permitted after submission. Proofread your abstract to identify and correct any errors before submission.
- Only the individual listed as the official contact of the submission has authority to withdraw it or revise content. If an abstract must be withdrawn after submitted, request must be received no later than March 31, 2022. To withdraw your abstract, email email@example.com. Include your name, abstract control ID# (7-digits) and abstract title.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to present their work if the abstract is accepted.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- The material must not have been published prior to submission of the abstract or presented at any national meeting prior to the date of presentation at the Annual Meeting. Simultaneous submission of the same abstract to other meetings is prohibited. If there is a real or perceived conflict of interest pertaining to your abstract or presentation, especially one of personal or departmental financial benefit, please provide this information on this site.
- There is a limit of 2,300 characters for the text of your abstract submission (title, authors, institutions, abstract body and all spaces will be counted).
- The publication/processing fee is $50 US and must be paid via the internet at the time of submission.
PUBLICATION OF ABSTRACTS:
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the August 2022 Supplement issue of the Journal of Investigative Dermatology (JID). The abstracts will be made available as an unofficial document as part of the meeting via links on the SID website approximately early May 2022.
- Authors retain copyright in their abstracts and grant the Society for Investigative Dermatology an exclusive license to publish their abstract in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology.
- After the abstract submission deadline, all abstracts will be reviewed by the SID Committee on Scientific Programs, plus two independent reviewers for each category topic. The committee reviews all abstracts without knowing the identity of authors.
- Notification of the status of abstracts will be sent electronically to the official contact and presenter in the week of February 28, 2022.
- All accepted abstracts will be selected for presentation during one of four session types: Plenary (up to 15 minutes oral presentation), Concurrent Mini-Symposium (up to 12 minutes oral presentation), e-Poster Discussion (up to 6 minutes oral presentation), and Poster Only
- All presenters (regardless of presentation status) will also be required to participate in their assigned Poster Session on either the Thursday or Friday of the meeting. This information will be available when abstract status notifications are posted in late February 2022.
- Travel Grants will be awarded to investigators to participate in the SID 2022 Annual Meeting to present their scientific work. There are (4) four different applications to choose from. Click here for more details on travel grants. Submit your completed application by the abstract submission deadline of Thursday, January 20, 2022 at 11:59 pm ET US. Step 3 of the abstract submission process is the venue to upload your application for consideration.
All abstracts (if accepted) are to also be presented as posters.