The Abstract Submission site for the 2024 Annual Meeting is NOW OPEN!
CLICK HERE to be re-directed to the Abstract Submission Website
IMPORTANT DATES TO NOTE:
Abstract Submission Site Opens: November 1, 2023
Abstract Submission Site Closes: January 16, 2024, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time
Abstract Reviews: January 20 – February 4, 2024
Program Planning Meeting: February 14-15, 2024
Abstract Status Notifications: Week of February 19, 2024
Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Site Opens: March 1, 2024
Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Site Closes: March 31, 2024, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time
Late-Breaking Abstract Reviews: Week of April 1, 2024
Late-Breaking Abstract Status Notifications: Week of April 8, 2024
Abstract Submission Information:
- All abstracts must be submitted online through the abstract submission system by the posted deadline to be considered for acceptance. No fax copies, disk or e-mail submissions will be accepted.
- You can enter your abstract, save it, and return for edits or updates any time prior to the deadline. The Complete Payment button must be clicked before the deadline. Changes to abstract titles or abstract text, as well as additions or deletions of author names, will not be permitted after submission. Proofread your abstract to identify and correct any errors before submission.
- Only the individual listed as the official contact of the submission has authority to withdraw it or revise content. If an abstract must be withdrawn after submitted, request must be received no later than March 15, 2024. To withdraw your abstract, email email@example.com. Include your name, abstract control ID# (7-digits) and abstract title.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to present their work if the abstract is accepted.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- The material must not have been published prior to submission of the abstract or presented at any national meeting prior to the date of presentation at the Annual Meeting. Simultaneous submission of the same abstract to other meetings is prohibited. If there is a real or perceived conflict of interest pertaining to your abstract or presentation, especially one of personal or departmental financial benefit, please provide this information on this site.
- There is a limit of 2,300 characters for the text of your abstract submission (title, authors, institutions, abstract body and all spaces will be counted).
- The publication/processing fee is $50 US and must be paid via the internet at the time of submission.
PUBLICATION OF ABSTRACTS:
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the to-be-determine 2024 Supplement issue of the Journal of Investigative Dermatology (JID). The abstracts will be made available as an unofficial document as part of the meeting via links on the SID website approximately early May 2024.
- Authors retain copyright in their abstracts and grant the Society for Investigative Dermatology an exclusive license to publish their abstract in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology.
- After the abstract submission deadline, all abstracts will be reviewed by the SID Committee on Scientific Programs, plus two independent reviewers for each category topic. The committee reviews all abstracts without knowing the identity of authors.
- Notification of the status of abstracts will be sent electronically to the official contact and presenter later in the week of February 19, 2024.
- All accepted abstracts will be selected for presentation during one of four session types: Plenary (up to 12 minutes oral presentation), Concurrent Mini-Symposium (up to 10 minutes oral presentation), e-Poster Discussion (up to 5 minutes oral presentation), and Poster Only
- All presenters (regardless of presentation status) will also be required to participate in their assigned Poster Session on either the Thursday or Friday of the meeting. This information will be available when abstract status notifications are posted in late February 2024.
- Travel Grants will be awarded to investigators to participate in the SID 2024 Annual Meeting to present their scientific work. Awards will be made to Under-represented Minorities (URM’s), those from developing countries, and merit-based. Submit your completed application by the abstract submission deadline of Tuesday, January 16, 2024 at 11:59 pm ET US. Step 3 of the abstract submission process is the venue to apply for consideration.
All abstracts (if accepted) are to also be presented as posters.
The information above is current as of October 31, 2023. This may be subject to change…