FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the deadline to submit an Abstract?
Online submission of abstracts will open Wednesday, October 16, 2019 and will close on Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time. The link to the online abstract submission website will be posted here on 10/15/19.
2. When will the Abstracts appear in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology (JID)?
All abstracts will be published in the May 2020 Supplement issue of the Journal of Investigative Dermatology (JID). Abstracts submitted during the “Late Breaking” submission time frame (tentatively scheduled for March 2020), will be published in a fall 2020 issue of the JID.
3. What if I don’t have a subscription to the Journal of Investigative Dermatology (JID)?
Abstracts will also be available via links on the SID and JID websites in mid-April 2020. Hard copies of the accepted abstracts will be available at the meeting.
4. I haven’t received my acceptance letter. When should I expect it?
Abstract acceptance notifications will sent out in mid – late February 2020. Notifications will be sent electronically to the email address used during the abstract submission process.
5. What if I am only interested in presenting my abstract as a poster, not as an oral presentation?
Unless indicated by initiating an opt-out, all abstracts submitted to the 2020 SID Annual Meeting will be considered for Oral Presentation.
1. I just registered online and did not receive a confirmation and/or receipt.
Confirmations and receipts are sent within 24 hours of your online registration. If you do not receive these items within 24 hours after you register online, or two (2) weeks after you register by mail, please contact the SID Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a SID member, you may log onto your member profile to view or print your confirmation and paid invoices.
2. What is the cutoff date to register for the 2020 SID Annual Meeting?
Registrations will be accepted by the SID until a date to be determined in mid-April 2020, after which you must register on-site at the SID Annual Meeting.
3. What if I am registered for the 2020 SID Annual Meeting but now unable to attend. How do I cancel my registration?
Any cancellations to the 2020 SID Annual Meeting registration must be made in writing to the SID office, by March 31, 2020. Refunds will be issued after the conclusion of the SID Annual Meeting, less a $100 administrative fee. Cancellations made after March 31, 2020 will not receive a refund. No exceptions will be made.
4. I am an ESDR Member and I thought I was entitled to the same fee as SID members. Why did I receive an email advising me that I would be charged the non-member registration fee?
ESDR members are considered non-members of the SID and are required to pay the non-member rate. You may wish to become a Joint member for $125 annually. In doing so, you will be entitled to the member rate for as long as you are a Joint member. If you have any questions you may contact the SID offices at 216.579.9300, x 301. Office hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern.
5. I work for a newspaper/dermatology magazine and I would like to attend the 2020 SID Annual Meeting. How much is the registration fee or are there other arrangements that can be made?
Media registrations are complimentary. To request a Media Registration Form contact Becky Minnillo at email@example.com in the SID office. Return the completed Media Registration Form to the SID office via email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 216.579.9333. Once received, and approved, you will be notified of your status.
6. I live overseas and I would like to register for 2020 SID Annual Meeting but I need an invitation to attend the meeting in order to obtain a special visa/travel pass.
An invitation to the 2020 SID Annual Meeting can be issued to you on SID letterhead upon request. Receipt of the invitation letter does not imply any financial support for travel, registration fee, or accommodation costs at the SID Annual Meeting. Please forward your request to email@example.com.
7. I need to make hotel arrangements for 2020 SID Annual Meeting. Do I make them myself or do you make them for me?
Registrants are required to make their own hotel/travel arrangements. The hotel/venue for 2020 SID Annual Meeting is the Westin Kierland Resort and Spa. Reservations (capturing group rates) will be able to made online in the coming months. Keep checking the Annual Meeting website for further details.
The SID is not responsible for reservations made at any other properties.
8. Is childcare available during 2020 SID Annual Meeting?
The Westin Kierland Resort and Spa offers day camp and other options for childcare via its Kierland Mining Company program. Contact the Westin Kierland Resort and Spa directly (480/624-1000) for more information.
9. Are children permitted in the meeting areas?
No children are permitted in the Annual Meeting areas or at the Social Event venue due to venue restrictions.
REGISTRATION FOR STUDENTS/POST-DOCS/RESIDENTS
1. I am a Resident/Post-Doc/Student, how do I register for 2020 SID Annual Meeting?
Prior to registering all Residents/Post-Docs/Students must submit a letter, on your institution’s letterhead and signed by the Department head, stating your status as a Resident/Post-Doc/Student. Once confirmation from your Department head has been received, Resident/Post-Doc/Students will the eligible to receive the discounted registration rate.
2. How do I receive my discounted rate?
Once we have received the required documentation, you can simply register online, a promo code is not needed to receive the discounted rate. Select the Non-Member Resident/Post-Doc Fellow or Student as the registrant type under the public registration link, or, if you are a Resident/Post-Doc Fellow member of the SID, log in under your membership and choose the Resident/Post-Doc Fellow registrant type to receive the subsidized rates. If you are not sure if you are a current SID member, please reference this LIST to confirm.
3. I registered online for 2020 SID Annual Meeting but I forgot to register for the Young Investigator Collegiality Reception. What should I do?
Providing tickets are still available, tickets to this event can be added by contacting the SID Office at 216.579.9300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a member of the SID, you can log into your profile at www.sidnet.org and edit your registration under “Attendee Selections”. Once added, click “Next” to get to the payment screen.
Tickets can also be purchased on-site at the meeting registration desk, providing space is still available. This is a ticketed event and an additional fee.
1. I registered online but I forgot to register for the Social Event. What should I do?
Providing tickets are still available, tickets to the Social Event can be added to your meeting registration by calling the SID Office at 216.579.9300 or emailing email@example.com. If you are a member of the SID, you can log into your profile at www.sidnet.org and edit your registration under “Attendee Selections” and add the quantity you would like to purchase next to the “Social Event box” under “Related Products”. Once completed, click “Next” to get to the payment screen. Social Event tickets can be purchased on-site at the meeting registration desk, providing space is still available. The Social Event is a ticketed event and an additional fee.
2. I am bringing a spouse/companion/family member to 2020 SID Annual Meeting but he/she is only attending the Social Event. Can I just pay for the Social Event?
Yes, attendees may purchase additional tickets to the Social Event providing that space is still available.
1. Will 2020 SID Annual Meeting offer CME credit?
Yes, additional information will be disseminated as the meeting approaches.
2. If I am a PhD, do I have to submit a Conflict of Interest disclosure?
Yes, all presentations designated as ‘Oral’ must provide the required disclosure to ensure transparency regarding Industry support. All Named Lectures, State of the Art, and Concurrent Minisymposia sessions will offer CME credit, and therefore require disclosures.